Marley Jaxx: Bored Dental Hygienist Turned Social Media Influencer, Ep #27
Marley Jaxx had previously worked in radio and event management. But the industry was rough around the edges and wearing on her. She had a degree to work as a dental hygienist, so she left radio and worked in dentistry for a while.
But she learned very quickly that cleaning teeth is boring. Even worse, you can’t have a conversation with someone when your hands are in their mouth. She wanted to make the experience fun for her patients, so she would tell them stories to make them laugh.
But it was still boring for her. So she started doing the dental office’s social media in between patients. How did this turn into the thriving business she has today? How did she turn her content into a revenue stream? Listen to this episode of Content Callout to learn her ways!
Outline of This Episode
- [0:38] Marley Jaxx: from dental hygienist to influencer
- [3:53] Marley’s method for continuous learning
- [5:21] Develop your brand to align with who you are
- [9:22] The importance of storytelling with your content
- [11:28] Marley’s authenticity green light test
- [18:03] Therapy strengthening entrepreneurship
- [19:22] How Marley measures success for her clients
- [20:13] Marley’s “I made it” moment
- [21:12] How Marley turns content into revenue
- [27:02] You’re special—but not that special
- [29:45] What was Marley’s first hire?
- [31:49] How to connect with Marley Jaxx