Mike Morrison: The Reluctant Influencer + Content Genius, Ep. #9
Mike Morrison never set out to become a successful influencer. His blog was born out of a desire to do what he loved: write. He never imagined he’d make money with it. But it snowballed into some incredible opportunities—including being a TV producer for Breakfast Television for four years.
But Mike began to make money with his blog, and eventually took the leap and left his full-time job to become a full-fledged influencer. Now, Mike is hesitantly famous. He writes frequently on his blog, founded Bloggity Inc., and runs the Social at Home Conference. To hear his incredible journey and what you can do in the influencer world, give this episode of Content Callout a listen.
Outline of This Episode
- [0:40] Mike’s entrepreneurial journey
- [3:05] Mike’s local celebrity status
- [6:19] Is the influencer market saturated?
- [8:16] How Mike feels about the term “Influencer”
- [10:29] What if you WANT to be an influencer?
- [14:11] Mike advocates for what he believes in
- [21:00] The Social West Conference
- [25:32] The pivots he made because of COVID-19
- [35:47] Being vulnerable on the internet
- [37:58] How to connect with Mike