Eric Alper Talks on the Redistribution of Power in the Music Industry, Ep. #15
How has marketing in the music industry changed? What hasn’t changed? How can an artist or their PR team capture an audience? These are just a few of the many questions that Eric Alper answers in this episode of the Content Callout podcast. He joins Kayla and Amanda to walk through an in-depth conversation about the music industry and how the world is swiftly changing.
Eric Alper is one of the most recognized music experts in Canada. He’s a music correspondent, radio host and was formerly the director of media relations at eOne Music Canada. He’s worked with artists like The Cult, Ringo Starr, Snoop Dog, the Smashing Pumpkins, and even Sesame Street. He shares some stellar insight into the world of marketing in music. Check it out!
Outline of This Episode
- [1:27] How the marketing industry has changed
- [3:59] How to compete in a crowded marketplace
- [13:42] How do you market YouTube videos?
- [19:57] Did video kill the radio star?
- [23:26] The dirty little secret of the music industry
- [26:27] How to choose what social media to use
- [32:55] PR for the music industry for 2021
- [38:17] How to connect with Eric Alper